Photo Credit Brian Krista / Baltimore Sun Media Group
As the multi-congregational choir raised the roof, over 1,100 people from Anne Arundel county overflowed into First Christian Community Church and into a tent set up outside. They committed to ACT and to work together to make Anne Arundel County a better place for everyone to live.
After more than two years of listening to communities, congregations and individuals, including 2,800 “one-on-one” conversations, six broad issues were identified:
- Affordable Housing
- Safe and Effective Schools
- Efficient and useful Public Transportation
- Freedom from Addiction and Mental Health Challenges
- Just and Fair Immigration Policies
- Gun Violence Reduction and Safety in our Communities
During the action, candidates for county council, state’s attorney and county executive were asked if they would pledge to work with and meet regularly with ACT.
Photo Gallery: http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/ac-cn-connecting-together-20181004-pg-photogallery.html