VOICE and ARHA Resident Association Leaders presented the VOICE Issue Agenda in the context of the racial history of Old Town Alexandria. Following the presentation of 1,400+ voter pledge cards, VOICE received commitments from both mayoral candidates to work with VOICE on the following:
- Working to enforce the affordable housing parameters set in the Housing Master Plan
- Strengthening Resolution 830 to ensure preservation of public housing in the city
- Ensuring a culture in public housing that encourages resident participation in the decision making of public housing
- Increasing equity in public schools around suspension rates
- Researching city contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that all people who work in the city can live in the city.
Both candidates also committed, if elected, to attend a VOICE action within a month of being inaugurated to share their 100-day plan to work on the VOICE Issue Agenda.